Amped Wireless Extender Setup Guide
Do you own an Amped extender? Are you looking for a way to complete the Amped Wireless range extender setup process? This site covers everything you need to know about Amped setup. Have a look at the sections below and learn various methods to setup Amped wireless extender in a hassle-free manner.
Amped Wireless Extender Setup Via Manual Method
There are various methods to do Amped repeater setup. Below we are going to brief steps explaining how to manually setup Amped wireless extender. Let's get started:
- Start the Amped setup process by unpacking the Amped wireless range extender.
- Now connect the wireless extender to an active power outlet. Power it on.
- Wait for the LED lights to turn green.
- With the LED lights powered on, connect the Amped wireless range extender with your router.
- Switch on your computer. Launch a web browser.
- Go to the address bar of the browser and type http://setup.ampedwireless.com.
- Press the Enter key.
- Now, the Amped wireless range extender setup wizard opens up.
- Click on Scan to find your wireless network to extend.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the Amped wireless extender setup process.
Now, the Amped wireless setup process is done and you are ready to connect to the internet. Use it for lighting-fast downloads and uninterrupted Internet connectivity.
Do you find it hard to setup Amped wireless range extender via the manual method? Don't worry! There is another way for you to complete the Amped setup process.
Amped Wireless Extender Setup via WPS
Some people face issues while manually setting up their Amped wireless range extenders. If you are also facing the same and can’t complete the installation process of your device, try this method.
Note: This is to inform you that the WPS method can be used to setup Amped wireless extender only if your router supports the same. So, give this method a try only if your router is WPS-supported.
- Make sure your home WiFi router is configured already and you have access to high-speed internet.
- Locate the extender near your router and plug its power adapter into a wall outlet.
- Turn on the power button.
- As soon as you find that the LED light on your extender has turned green, look for the WPS button on your device and press it.
- In a while, press the WPS button on your home WiFi router.
- You will find that both your devices are synced now.
- This is how you can setup Amped wireless extender using the WPS method.
Common Issues Affecting Amped Setup Process
- Amped wireless extender not connecting to the internet
- Issue with cable connecting router and extender
- Unable to access http://setup.ampedwireless.com
- Use of wrong web address
- Amped wireless range extender Lights blinking red
- Bad location of extender
- Wrong use of login details
These are the most common issues hampering the process of Amped setup. Well, there is no need to worry! You just need to walk through the further section in which we explianed all the troubleshooting hacks.
Troubleshoot Amped Wireless Extender Setup Issues
Given below is how you can resolve any issues with the Amped setup process.
Change Extender's Location
The location of your wireless extender is important during the Amped setup process. Poor location can interrupt with smooth connectivity to the internet. There are some things that interrupt with your Amped wireless range extender's ability to connect to the internet. Thus, it is better if you keep the wireless extender away from them while Amped wireless setup.
You should keep your wireless extender away from some objects during the Amped setup process. These include Bluetooth devices, cordless phones, treadmills, microwave ovens, water appliances, and baby monitors. You should also keep the extender away from reflexive surfaces like a mirror. All these can lead to serious Amped wireless setup issues in your extender's inability to connect to the internet.
Check the Power Outlet
Using a functional power outlet is what helps you amplify the wireless network signals during Amped wireless extender setup process. Sometimes in a hurry you might connect it to a faulty or damaged power outlet. Never do this as it increases the risk of permanent damage to your Amped wireless range extender. Use a functional power outlet and replace it with a new one even if it has a small damage.
Double-Check the Web Address
Even using Caps Lock key when you are typing the web address interrupts with the ability to setup Amped wireless extender. You should enter the Amped wireless range extender login address in the address bar of the internet browser. Do not enter it into the search bar as that does not lead anywhere. Keep away any typing errors when entering the web address. This ensures you are able to connect to the Amped wireless setup page.
Check Login Credentials
The password of your Amped wireless range extender is case-sensitive. It is very important that you enter the correct password to connect the extender to setup Amped wireless extender. There is no chance you would do Amped setup by entering the wrong credentials.
Use an Updated Browser
The version of the web browser you use to setup Amped wireless extender plays a pivotal role. To get success with the completion of Amped wireless extender setup, you have to use an updated web browser. You should clear out all caches, cookies and previous browsing history from the web browser. Never keep extra tabs open. You can also use the browser in Incognito mode to do Amped wireless setup.
Ensure Proper Connection
The Amped wireless range extender helps you connect to the internet by amplifying the internet router signals. Make sure the connection between your Amped wireless range extender and router is stable during the Amped wireless setup process.
Deactivate All Protection
Antivirus and firewall programs on your PC keeps it safe against hacking and virus infections. But these also create a problem when it comes to setup Amped wireless extender. Some of the protection features of these programs interfere with how you connect the extender with the router.
Damage-free Ethernet Cable
Using a faulty Ethernet cable with your Amped wireless range extender is never a good idea. Always use a new Ethernet cable to setup Amped wireless extender. The right Ethernet cable helps establish a solid connection during Amped wireless setup. You should always use an Ethernet cable that is free of any damage or cuts.
Make sure you follow the tips mentioned above. These will help you setup Amped wieless extender with ease.
But, in this day and age of zero online privacy, it is important to have a safe wireless network. What you can do in such a situation is create a strong login password for the Amped wireless extender.
Can't Access Amped Wireless Extender Setup PageA large number of Amped wireless range extenders users struggle to access the devices' setup page. If you are also having a hard time accessing the setup page of your extender, have a look at the Amped wireless troubleshooting tips and get the issue resolved:
- Committing a typing mistake while entering the extender's default web address is common. Did you use the correct web address to access the Amped wireless extender setup page? No? Well, looks like you have discovered the reason dragging you to the problem. So, before you give a shot to any other Amped wireless troubleshooting tip, consider rectifying your mistake and use the correct web address to access the setup page. You can check the extender's user manual to see the default web address.
- Perhaps, your extender is dealing with technical glitches. Fret not! Technical glitches can be easily resolved. But, do you know how? By implementing the timeless Amped wireless troubleshooting hack, i.e. rebooting. Rebooting the Amped wireless range extender is not a rocket science. The only thing you need to do is give your extender some rest by unplugging it from the wall socket for some time and re-plugging it into the wall outlet.
- The login credentials of your Amped wireless extender act as a key to unlock the setup page. But, if you don't enter them correctly, they can result in the Amped wireless setup password not working issue thereby preventing you from reaching the setup page. Therefore, avoid acting carelessly while typing the default admin details of your extender on the login screen.
- Are you using an updated version of the web browser to reach the Amped extender setup page? If your answer is no, then know that it can also create the Amped wireless IP address conflict issue. There are high chances that all of the Amped wireless extender troubleshooting tips given above might go in vain. Therefore, consider updating the web browser you are using to the latest version.
- Run a speed test on your computer and verify if you are connected to a high-speed internet connection or not. If the speed test delivers a poor result, then there might be an internet connection problem from the end of your Internet Service Provider. So, get in touch with him and ask if he is performing some maintenance from the back-end. If yes, then wait patiently and let him do the Amped wireless troubleshooting. Else, you can opt for the Amped wireless extender reset to factory default process and try to access the setup page again.
WiFi Dropping after Amped Wireless Setup
It has been found that some users are unable to make the most of their devices even after doing Amped setup. If you are experiencing WiFi dropping issues after the completion of Amped wireless extender setup process, here are the tricks you need to note.
Power Cycle Your Extender
There could be a technical glitch with your device preventing it from working at its best. For getting the issue fixed, it is suggested that you power cycle your Amped extender.
For this, you need to simply unplug the power adapter of your device from its outlet for some time. After waiting for some time, power it up again. Once done, see if you can enjoy streaming videos without lag.
Change WiFi Channel
Have you changed the channel of your extender after completing Amped wireless extender setup? No? Chances are an overcrowded channel is set for your Amped wireless extender, by default.
If that is the case, you will keep getting the WiFi dropping issue. Hence, change the WiFi channel of your Amped and see if it brings you an enhanced user experience.
Update Extender Firmware
Your extender can also become a victim of the WiFi dropping issue if its firmware is not being updated for a long time. Check if there is any new firmware version available for the Amped Wireless range extender you have. If yes, get the same updated right away.
For updating the firmware of your extender, simply access Amped setup wizard, and under settings, check for the Firmware Update option. Certain instructions will then reveal on your device. Following them, you will be able to update the firmware of your extender in a hassle-free manner.
Change Extender Password
There is a need for default login details for doing the Amped wireless setup. But, the Company always suggests users change the default details after completing Amped setup. Have you done the same?
No? Well, then chances are someone is leeching your WiFi, resulting in the WiFi dropping issue. For getting the issue fixed, change the username and password of your Amped Wireless range extender and see if it works for you.
Reset Extender and Do Amped Setup Again
If none of the aforementioned tricks helped you fix the WiFi dropping issue with your Amped extender, then it seems you have not completed the Amped wireless extender setup correctly.
If so, you need to take your Amped wireless extender back to its default settings and then setup Amped wireless extender right from the beginning. For configuring the steps properly, check the sections above and find every little info needed for doing Amped setup.
Are you still getting the WiFi dropping issue with your AMPED? Get in touch with our professionals and ask them to fix the issue for you.
How to Eliminate Amped Repeater Setup Issues?
I have been trying to perform Amped repeater setup but it seems to be doing something wrong and hence can’...
Amped SR20000G Manual Setup [An Easy-to-Execute Guide]
Designed to deliver ultra-fast dual-band WiFi speeds for HD streaming without buffering, Amped SR20000G rang...
How to Change Password of Amped Wireless Range Extender?
Do you have Amped wireless range extender in your home and want to change its admin password? If you have an...
Amped Wireless Extender FAQs
- I am unable to connect to my home network. I am getting an error during Amped wireless Setup.
- There is a chance that your home wireless network is secure. Make sure you have the right security key to connect to the home network.
- Keep your Amped wireless range extender far away from the walls. Start the Amped wireless setup wizard again.
- On the SCAN page the home network should show a signal strength of 70% or more. If it does not then move the wireless extender closer to your internet router. Try again.
- Are you connecting to a dual band router? Make sure both the networks have a signal strength of 70% or greater.
- Make sure the home network's router DHCP server is active. Your Amped wireless range extender should get the IP address from the home internet router. Also, ensure that you have successfully done Amped wireless extender setup.
- Where should I place the extender during Amped setup?
As stated above you have to keep the Amped wireless range extender away from a number of devices during the Amped setup. Keep it away from baby monitors, television, refrigerator, microwave ovens, mirror, fish tank, washing machines, treadmills, and cordless phones. Also, do not place your device near reflexive surfaces during Amped wireless extender setup.
- How can I connect wirelessly to the Amped Wireless Extender?
You need to follow the One-Touch setup to connect the Amped wireless range extender wirelessly.
- Locate the WPS button on the back panel of your Amped wireless range extender.
- Press and hold this button for a few seconds.
- The Power LED should start to blink and come ON the wireless extender.
- Push the WPS button located on your wireless extender.
- Activate the WPS with the software that comes with the user manual.
- WPS will autoconfigure and establish the connection settings for the wireless adapter to connect to the wireless extender.
- How can I reset the Amped Wireless Extender?
There are two ways through which you can reset the Amped wireless range extender – the Reset button and Amped wireless setup wizard.
First, let us take a look at how you can use the Reset button to do this.
The Reset Button
- Locate the Reset button on the back panel of the amped wireless range extender.
- Using a paper clip press and hold the Reset button.
- Release the Reset button.
- Wait for a few minutes. It gives an indication the Amped wireless extender has been restored to its original factory settings.
Amped Wireless Setup Wizard
- On your computer open a web browser.
- In the address bar enter www.setup.ampedwireless.com
- Enter the password you created to access the Amped wireless setup wizard.
- Go to More Settings and select the Management option.
- Choose Save/Reload settings under Management.
- Click on Reset Settings to Default tab.
Note: This restores the amped wireless extender to its factory settings. Now, setup Amped wireless extender from scratch.