October 18, 2022
How to Set Up Amped Wireless AC2550 Wi-Fi Range Extender?
This device from Amped, the AC2500 high-power wireless extender, can increase your network’s reach and coverage while also providing faster dual-band WiFi, up to 800 to 1733Mbps. The extender is compatible with any regular WiFi network and is great for streaming high-definition movies and playing online games. After you finish configuring the Amped wireless AC2550 Wi-Fi range extender, your 802.11 b/g/ac and n devices will have better access to the internet.
The extender’s LED indications are clever and will help you locate the optimal spot for your newfound device. The Amped AC2550 Wi-Fi range extender amalgamates the speeds of the 2.4 and 5 GHz WiFi bands into a single, ultra-fast one. In addition, BoostBand functionality is included in this Amped range extender. Read this article to learn the ins and outs of installing an Amped 2550 WiFi range extender with little effort.
Amped Wireless AC2550 Wi-Fi Range Extender Setup
Learn how to use the AC2550 range extender before beginning the Amped wireless setup procedure.
LEDs included in the Amped wireless AC2550 Wi-Fi range extender are as follows:
- Related to the extender’s power supply, the Power LED indicates whether or not the device is currently powered.
- The Signal Strength light indicates whether or not the extender is successfully communicating with the router.
- The WPS light reveals the connection status indicator for Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS).
- Blinking of the 2.4GHz and 5GHz LEDs indicates the weightage of the traffic.
- Apart from these, Wired and Wireless Port LEDs tell about their respective connections.
2. Extender Buttons
- The Amped wireless AC2550 Wi-Fi range extender’s power button activates or deactivates the device.
- The Reset button returns it to its factory settings and the WPS button enables it to connect to your current access point.
Let’s go right into configuring your Amped wireless AC2550 Wi-Fi range extender.
Steps to Set Up Amped Wireless AC2550 Wi-Fi Range Extender
You may configure your Amped AC2550 manually or through the WiFi Protected Setup (WPS) protocol. So, let’s explain both of these approaches.
Method 1: The Manual Approach
Step-by-step instructions for setting up an Amped wireless AC2550 Wi-Fi range extender are provided below.
- Make sure that your Amped AC2550 and primary router are in the same location. However, after you’ve completed the Amped setup process, you may put the device anywhere you choose in your house.
- Insert one end of the extender’s power adapter into the socket on the extender, and the other into an available electrical outlet.
- Next, locate a functional Ethernet cable and hook it up to your Amped wireless AC2550 Wi-Fi range extender and router.
- Make sure your home WiFi network is turned on as well.
- Launch a web browser on your PC or another device. Google Chrome is suggested for PCs running Windows, whereas Safari is suggested for Macs running OS X.
- The moment a new tab or window appears, type setup.ampedwireless.com into the address box and then click the Go button.
- There will be a login screen appearing.
- Enter the user ID and password into the appropriate fields.
- The Amped setup portal will load after you’ve logged in.
You may set up your Amped wireless AC2550 Wi-Fi range extender with the help of the on-screen instructions provided by the installation assistant, commonly known as Amped setup wizard. This is to notify you that some extender models directly take you to the extender’s dashboard once you access the default web URL. However, you have to alter the login credentials no matter what the case is.
The work here is complete. This concludes the Amped setup process for the AC2550 extender. Turn off the extender and stow it away in a more orderly part of your home. Please be aware that the IP address may also be used to access your Amped range extender’s administration interface.
Method 2: WPS Approach
Here are the procedures to take if you wish to utilize the WPS button to set up your Amped wireless AC2550 Wi-Fi range extender:
- Switch on the range extender.
- The WPS button must be pressed.
- Then, activate the WPS button on your router.
- If your extender has a WPS indicator light, switch it on.
Congrats! The Amped wireless AC2550 Wi-Fi range extender setup process is complete. If you’re having trouble getting your extender up and running, don’t hesitate to get in touch with our support team for assistance.