How to Set Up Amped Wireless Home Network [Updated Guide]
Do you wish to play online games without lagging? Well, don’t wish for it. Rather, work for it. One of the best methods to satiate the hunger for accessing a high-speed internet connection is to set up Amped wireless home network. Thus, get yourself an Amped wireless range extender and configure it. But, are you aware of the steps to set it up? In case, you’re not, then you can rely on this guide. It consists of the Amped setup steps through two methods. Stick to reading.
Methods to Set Up Amped Wireless Home Network
Setting up an Amped wireless home WiFi network is possible via the following methods:
1. Manual Method – This method requires the user to access the web management interface of the Amped device via its domain name “setup.ampedwireless.com”.
2. WPS Method – To set up Amped wireless home network via the WPS method, one just needs to push a button present on the extender. For this reason, it is known as the push-button method.
Have you got an overview of both the setup methods? Now, walk through the next sections and gain knowledge about the instructions to be executed to configure an Amped WiFi network.
Set Up Amped Wireless Home Network [Early Stage]
Before you hop up to the steps to configure your home network, you need to prepare your WiFi extender. In other words, you need to complete the early stage of the Amped extender setup process which involves unwrapping and powering up the Amped wireless device. Here’s how to do it:
Initiate the process of setting up an Amped wireless network by taking out your newly purchased range extender from its packaging. Examine if you’ve received any accessories along with it. These accessories include a power adapter, an Ethernet cable, and a user guide. Know that if the form factor of your device is plug-and-play, you won’t receive a power adapter to set up Amped wireless home network.
After you unbox your brand-new Amped wireless range extender, move ahead and power it up. Only a working wall socket in your house will be able to qualify for the job of supplying sufficient power to your Amped device. Thus, choose it wisely. Once chosen, consider plugging your Amped range extender into it and pushing the Power button. Within a few moments, you will notice that the LED lights on your extender have started glowing.
The moment you complete the initial stage of setting up an Amped wireless home network, the next sections are ready to help you with the rest of the procedure.
Set Up Amped Wireless Home Network [Final Stage]
1. Amped Setup via Manual Method
After your range extender gets powered up, consider connecting it to the host access point. It is the one whose networking range is supposed to be increased with the installation of the home network. The connection between devices can be established using an Ethernet cable. After that, access the default web URL “setup.ampedwireless.com” with the help of an updated web browser. As soon as the instructions appear on the screen, consider following them and set up Amped wireless home network.
2. Amped Setup via WPS Method
Bring your host access point close to the Amped range extender if you want to set up the wireless network using the WPS approach. After that, start looking for the WPS button on the Amped range extender and press it. Are you done? Great! The next step is to push the WPS button on the host access point. This completes the setting up of Amped wireless home network via the WPS method.
After You Set Up Amped Wireless Home Network
Installing a range extender will only provide you access to high-speed internet. However, it is still your responsibility that you take care of the home network. For this purpose, there are a few things that you need to do after you set up Amped wireless home network. We are mentioning them below for your perusal:
1. Assign the admin password and username to the home network. It will prevent unauthorized users from gaining access to the dashboard of your Amped extender and stealing your information.
2. Update the firmware of your extender. It will help in introducing the latest functionalities to your Amped device. Make it your habit as you can avoid the need of buying a new networking device if your extender runs on the newest firmware version.
3. Change the SSID and WiFi password of your Amped wireless network. The reason being the default ones can be easily cracked by hackers thereby increasing the risk of cybercrimes. You can also opt to hide the SSID of your Amped home network.
This blog highlighted the process of setting up Amped network using two approaches- the Manual and WPS. We are anticipating that any of these two will be able to help you set up Amped wireless home network. On the off chance, your wish of playing online games without any lag seems to remain unfulfilled because you can’t set up the Amped network, consider contacting our experts. They’ll be of great help to you.