Want to Set Up Guest Network on Amped Extender? Here’s How!
If you own an Amped extender, then pat yourself on back for making such a wonderful choice. But, owning a superb networking device is one thing and its security is another. It becomes your responsibility to safeguard your WiFi network. That is why you should set up guest network on your Amped extender. Just in case you are wondering how is the guest network related to the security of the Amped extender, then walk through this post. Here, you will learn the benefits along with the steps to set up guest network on your Amped wireless range extender.
Why Set Up Guest Network on Amped Extender?
Setting up a guest network on your Amped WiFi extender is directly linked with the security of your home network. It is because after setting up the guest network on the extender, you need not to reveal the WiFi password of the main network. So, if the person connected to the guest network of your Amped extender accidentally downloads the corrupted file, it won’t affect the main WiFi network. Apart from that, you should set up guest network on your Amped range extender due to the following reasons:
Makes You Look Welcoming
Imagine your friend breaking ties with you because you denied revealing the WiFi password of your main network. Well, it won’t happen if you have set up guest network on your Amped range extender.
Controls WiFi Usage
As the guest WiFi is a separate network on your Amped range extender, you can control the WiFi usage for people connecting to it. Apart from this, you can restrict the internet speed without affecting the speed of your main WiFi network.
Ensures Safety of WiFi Devices
There’s no doubt that smart devices are one of the securest devices to use. However, many of them have security flaws. To name a few, smart TVs, smartphones, locks, cameras, etc. are more likely to fall victim to viruses. You can connect your smart devices to the guest network of the Amped extender. In case one of them gets contaminated by a virus, the rest of the devices connected to the extender won’t get affected.
Now, without any delay, let us shed light on the steps to set up guest network on an Amped wireless extender.
Steps to Set Up Guest Network on Amped Extender
- Power up your Amped wireless range extender and connect it to the host WiFi router.
- Once done, get access to a computer or a laptop.
- Thereafter, open a web browser and head over to its address bar.
- Type setup.ampedwireless.com and press the Enter key.
- You will find yourself on the Amped wireless login page.
- Here, enter the username and password you have set for your Amped extender.
- Click Login.
- The Amped range extender dashboard will welcome you.
- Here, select the Settings tab.
- Move the cursor to the Extended Network Settings option.
- Thereafter, click the 5GHz WiFi Settings option.
- A window revealing the wireless settings of the 5GHz frequency band will appear.
- Here, select the Guest Network option.
- Select Enable.
- Enter the SSID and password for the guest network.
- Save the changes.
In this manner, you can set up guest network on your Amped wireless range extender. To set up guest network for the 2.4GHz frequency band, you need to access its extended network settings.
Although it is easy to set up guest network on the extender, however, users sometimes find the process difficult and end up with a failure message. If you don’t want to let that happen to you, refer to the tips mentioned in the next section.
Tips to Successfully Set Up Guest Network
- Never use a damaged wall socket to power up your Amped WiFi extender.
- Do not proceed to set up guest network without ensuring the stability of the connection between your Amped extender and the host router.
- Avoid typing setup.ampedwireless.com into the search bar of the web browser.
- Enter the Amped extender login details carefully as they are case-sensitive.
- Always use an updated version of the web browser to set up guest network on your Amped wireless range extender.
This was all about how to set up guest network on your Amped range extender. Now, you can be a cordial to your guests without actually sharing the details of the main WiFi network. If you face any difficulties while setting up the guest network, contact our well-versed experts.